Health coaching has quickly become mainstream. More and more, people are beginning to understand that diet and lifestyle are the key to living a happy and healthy life. But mass-marketed diets like Keto, AIP or Paleo rely on strict guidelines and can become difficult to uphold long term. That's where a health coach can help. They can offer one-to-one personalized dietary guidance, monitor your body's reactions closely and offer much-needed support and accountability to keep you on the right track.
5 Reasons You Might Need a Health Coach
Here are 5 reasons you might consider a health coach.
- You are beginning to feel unwell but have not been formally diagnosed. Anyone who has experienced the onset of an autoimmune disease knows that it can be a scary and frustrating time. According to AARDA, it can take 5-7 years to get a formal diagnosis. One of the beautiful things about a health coach is that we don’t need a diagnosis to help you. We work with the systems of the body that are off-balance, beginning in the digestive tract, using food choices, lifestyle tweaks, and targeted supplementation if needed, to help you really understand your own body and develop a personalized plan for you.
- You have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and are looking for natural ways to manage your disease. While prescription medications can help many people reduce and manage autoimmune disease symptoms such as pain and inflammation - often times our clients express the desire to get to the root cause. A health coach, armed with data about your body, can help you get to the bottom of what might be causing flares.
- You are confused about all the diet/lifestyle/supplement/CBD/essential oils claims that are bombarding you. This is one I hear about all the time. There is so much information out that about what you should do or shouldn't do. Often they are directly contradictory, leaving us as the consumers completely confused! A health coach can be there to answer your questions about what really works, based on real experience.
- There is no such thing as one diet fits all. You have tried numerous diets and fads that are supposed to be the miracle cure, but nothing has worked…..and this can really make us feel like a failure! Which, by the way, is not the case! It just means that whatever diet that was or fad, didn’t work for YOU. For example, at Thanksgiving, cousin Katy has lost 45 lbs doing the Keto diet. She tells you how much it changed her life and urges you to do it too. You try it and GAIN 20 lbs. These numbers are a bit exaggerated but I want you to get the point. Our bodies are individual and beautiful in their design, just as no two snowflakes are identical. What a good coach can do is help you know what works for YOUR body...not cousin Katy's.
- Nothing works. You've tried everything and seen every provider out there, but you still just don't feel well. This is a tough place to be but we've been there too! My advice is to stop and acknowledge that in your deepest heart, your intuition is telling you that you can get well. Don't give up on YOU. A health coach is there to listen to you, believe you and support you. Having someone who truly understands what it is like to live with autoimmunity will help you feel seen and heard and most importantly - help you stay positive as you work on your path to wellness.
There are a great many health coaches out there to choose from. Make sure you take your time in finding the right one for you and do your homework to ensure they are certified and experienced with a situation like yours. And of course, if you are interested in evaluating Mymee as a solution, apply here. I hope to meet you soon!