LAST UPDATED: JUNE 8, 2021
Protected Health Information
Mymee is also committed to protecting the privacy of your protected health information (“Protected Health Information”). “Protected Health Information” is a subset of Personal Information that is information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition; related health care services; or related to the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you.
In some cases (such as when you are using our Core product and services), your personal information, including your health information may be subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended from time to time (“HIPAA”). However, when you use our Community Connect product and services, the information is not subject to HIPAA. If you are able to access our Core products and services through your health plan, insurer or health care provider, may require us to comply with certain requirements of HIPAA. For a description of those obligations, please check the Notice of Privacy Practices of your health plan, insurer, or health care provider. For some services our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (“HIPAA Notice”) may apply. We will let you know when our HIPAA Notice applies.
We provide our Services only to persons in the United States. Accordingly, this Policy, and our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below) is governed by U.S. law. We do not represent or warrant that the Application or our Services or any functionality or feature thereof, is appropriate or legally available for use in any particular jurisdiction. By using the Application and submitting any Personal Information from outside the United States, you acknowledge that the Services are subject to U.S. law and consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States.
Information That Mymee Collects
It is our intention to give you as much control over your Personal Information as possible to preserve your privacy, while still allowing us to utilize that Personal Information in the course of our business to provide you a valuable service.
Consent and Modification
Receipt and Collection of Information
We collect Personal Information from users. In each case, you will only be required to provide the Personal Information that we need in order to be able to provide the services you have requested.
Mymee provides User the option, at User’s sole election, to upload a profile picture image that is viewable by healthcare coaches. User may delete User’s profile picture at any time by logging into the Mymee App and visiting the profile settings page.
Personal Health Information
Mymee will ask for health and medical data (such as the previous doctors, dentists or other health care providers you visited, your reason for visiting those providers, your date of visiting providers, your medical history and condition, past and current medications, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us). If you communicate with us by, for example, e-mail, telephone or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information or Personal Health Information.
Mymee may also obtain your personal health information from your health care provider upon User’s request and prior approval.
Demographic & Non-Identifying Information
Mymee also collects data about User, including about User’s health indicators, and related information that does not identify User and that enables User to fully participate in the Service.
Information Mymee Collects or Stores as User Accesses and Uses the Website and Service
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that User choose to submit to Mymee via Mymee’s Website, Mymee and Mymee’s third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever User visits or interacts with the Website and/or the Mymee App (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to User’s personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever User visits or interacts with Mymee’s Website and/or the Mymee App. To the extent Mymee associates Usage Information with User’s Personal Information Mymee collects directly from User on the Website, Mymee will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
• User’s IP address, Unique Device Identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to User’s Device used to access the Website, and Mymee’s computers identify User’s Device by its Device Identifier;
• User’s Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
• User’s Services plan;
• The URL that referred User to Mymee’s Website;
• The areas within Mymee’s Website and/or Mymee App that User visits and User’s activities there, including remembering User, User’s preferences and pages User requested and/or viewed;
• User’s Device location;
• User’s Device characteristics; and
• Certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
Mymee may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on User’s Device. The Tracking Technologies that may be used are the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed which perform a similar function):
- Cookies A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Website. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by User to User’s Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Unlike Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser User uses will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to Adobe’s web site www.adobe.com. Please be aware that if User disables or removes cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on User’s Device, some parts of Mymee’s Website, Mymee App and/or Services may not function properly, and that when User revisits Mymee’s Website, Mymee App and Services User’s ability to limit cookies is subject to User’s browser settings and limitations.
- Web Beacons Small graphic images or other web programming code called “web beacons” (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in pages and messages of our Website, Mymee App and Services. Web beacons may be invisible to User, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Website and , Mymee App and Services, to monitor how users navigate the Website and , Mymee App and Services, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about User’s interactions with the Website and/or the, Mymee App and Services, such as the links the User clicks on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto User’s Device from Mymee’s web server and/or the Mymee Mobile App or a third party service provider, is active only while User is connected to the Website and/or Mymee App, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the User consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
Mymee may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
There may be other Tracking Technologies now and later devised and used by Mymee in connection with the Website, Mymee App and Services. Further, third parties may use Tracking Technologies with Mymee’s Website.
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, Mymee does not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
Information Third Parties Provide About User
Interactions with Third-Party Websites
How Mymee Uses the Personal Information
Because certain information does not personally identify you (“Non-Personal Information), we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your zip code with your name, or with your name together with a medical condition). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
In connection with the Business Services, the Business Customer may disclose certain Personal Information to Mymee.
Mymee may use User’s information that Mymee collects about User:
- to contact User occasionally to inform User of new Services features, or news or articles Mymee thinks will be of interest to User. Mymee may send User regular updates on issues Mymee thinks will be of interest to User;
- to contact User with regard to User’s use of the Services and, in Mymee’s discretion, changes to the Services and/or our Service policies;
- for internal business purposes, such as quality assessment, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Mymee Application, improving our Services, identifying usage trends, developing tools which help us or you assess the impact of behavioral or environmental factors, the performance of medications and/or supplements, conduct training programs, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- to provide User with information or Services or process transactions that User has requested or agreed to receive including to send User electronic newsletters;
- to provide User with marketing materials or relevant advertising, promotions and recommendations from Mymee or our business partners;
- to enable User to participate in a variety of the Service features;
- to process User’s account registration, including verifying User’s information is active and valid;
- to ensure that content on our Website and the Mymee App is presented in the most effective manner for User and for User’s computer or mobile device;
- to provide User with information relating to any events held by Mymee-, where User has consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- to provide User with access to User’s personal account.
- User can always opt out of utilizing the Service, and accordingly opt out of Mymee’s use of User’s Personal Information, by sending an email to email@example.com.
How and When Does Mymee Disclose Information To Third Parties?
Mymee may share aggregated anonymized Personal Information associated with User’s name that is collected or generated at the Website, Mobile App or through the Services.
Personal Information may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for Mymee for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which User has subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to User’s Personal Information in order to support Mymee’s information technology or to handle mailings on Mymee’s behalf. If Mymee transfers User’s Personal Information to an outside agent or organization for such purpose, Mymee will take appropriate measures in an effort to protect User’s privacy and the Personal Information Mymee transfers.
Mymee may, in Mymee’s sole discretion, share or transfer Personal Information where permitted or required by law, to comply with legal process, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect User’s vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of Mymee’s databases or the Website and the Mymee App, to enforce the Terms & Conditions or protect Mymee’s the business or reputation of Mymee and/or its Business Customers, to take precautions against legal liability, to protect and defend Mymee’s the rights or property of Mymee and/or that of its Business Customers, for required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, or inquiries or complaints with respect to User’s use of the Website, Mymee App and Services.
What About Information User Discloses Publicly Or To Others?
Use of Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to provide and improve the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeting advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about use of the Service.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any other of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites
Links to Other Websites
The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other third-party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the App may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
If we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or if we are subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection therewith.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit: CCPA notice-for-California-residents.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
On September 27, 2013, California enacted A.B. 370, amending the California Online Privacy Protection Act to require website operators like us to disclose how we respond to “Do Not Track Signals”; and whether third parties collect personally identifiable information about users when they visit us.
(1) We do not track users, who do not interact with its sharing functionality across the web, and therefore do not use “do not track” signals.
(2) We do not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from our users for third party use through advertising technologies without separate member consent.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 also permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Personal Information Access and Corrections
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by logging into your account within the Application. We will try to comply with your request to update your Personal Information as soon as reasonably practicable. We are not responsible for changing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information.
As a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. Upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the Personal Information in your profile; however, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by us, and we may be required by law or our agreement with your health plan to retain certain information.
In the event Mymee goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, User’s Personal Information might be among the assets transferred. User will be notified via this Website of any such change in ownership or control of User’s Personal Information.
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure; so please do not include health information, credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail messages to us.